What To Do
Anyone who receives similar unsolicited packages should follow these directions:
- Do not open the seed packet and avoid opening outer packaging or mailing materials, if possible.
- Put seed packets/contents and mailing materials into a sealable plastic bag
- Do not plant the seeds or discard them in trash that will be landfilled.
- Unopened packages, and packages containing objects other than seeds, should be reported to the USDA Anti-Smuggling hotline at 1-800-877-3835 or SITC.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opened packages with seeds should report to the FDACS Division of Plant Industry online at FDACS.gov/SeedByMail. Recipients can either drop off the package at their local UF/IFAS Extension county office, or schedule a safe, contactless pickup of the seeds, packaging and mailing materials by an FDACS Inspector.
Recipients with questions other than seed reporting can contact the Division of Plant Industry at 1-888-397-1517 orDPIhelpline@FDACS.gov. When reporting the seed package to FDACS and USDA/APHIS, you need to complete a simple form with your name, physical address, phone number, and email for contact and seed collection.