A middleweight showdown headlines as the UFC returns from Fight Island to the UFC APEX in Las Vegas
Former women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm was expected to headline the UFC’s return to Las Vegas after a three-week trip to Fight Island in Abu Dhabi against Irene Aldana. However, Aldana was forced from the bout after testing positive for COVID-19. Now, the focus has shifted from a former champion to a potential future one as Edmen Shahbazyan steps into the main event to face longtime contender Derek Brunson in a middleweight showdown.
Shahbazyan holds a perfect professional record of 11-0, including a 4-0 record in the UFC Octagon. In his 11 victories, Shahbazyan has only been to the judges’ scorecards once, winning nine fights by knockout with an additional submission victory. At just 22 years old, Shahbazyan has big “future champion” potential.
Brunson is an ideal gatekeeper, having fought 16 times in the Octagon while only losing fights to elite-level fighters. Brunson is riding a two-fight winning streak and has won four of his six previous bouts.
Read on for the full fight card and viewing information, including odds from William Hill Sportsbook.
UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Shahbazyan fight card, odds
- Edmen Shahbazyan -300 vs. Derek Brunson 240, middleweights
- Joanne Calderwood -180 vs. Jennifer Maia 155, women’s flyweights
- Vicente Luque -190 vs. Randy Brown 160, welterweights
- Lando Vannata vs. Bobby Green, lightweights
- Kevin Holland vs. Trevin Giles, middleweights
- Jonathan Martinez -195 vs. Frankie Saenz 165, bantamweights
- Ed Herman vs. Gerald Meerschaert, light heavyweights
- Ray Borg vs. Nathan Maness, bantamweights
- Markus Perez -220 vs. Eric Spicely 180, middleweights
- Timur Valiev -195 vs. Jamall Emmers 165, featherweights
- Chris Gutiérrez vs. Cody Durden, bantamweights
UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Shahbazyan info
- Date: Aug. 1
- Location: UFC APEX facility
- Start time: 9 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN
Who will win Shahbazyan vs. Brunson, and how exactly will each fight end? Visit SportsLine now to see which fighters you need to be all over on Saturday, all from the expert who’s up nearly $20,000 on MMA and has nailed 15 of his last 16 main event picks!