This post contains links to products from our advertisers, and we may be compensated when you click on these links. Our recommendations and advice are ours alone, and have not been reviewed by any issuers listed. Terms apply to offers listed on this page. Read our editorial standards.
- Chase has sweetened the deal for those who join the waiting list for the new Aeroplan credit card.
- You can earn 10,000 bonus points and 10 eUpgrade credits if you’re later approved for the card.
- More details about the Chase Aeroplan card will be available in early December 2021.
- Read Insider’s guide to the best airline credit cards.
Earlier this year, Chase added Air Canada’s Aeroplan loyalty program as an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner and opened a waitlist for its upcoming Aeroplan credit card. Those who join the waitlist can earn 10,000 Aeroplan points if they are approved for the card when it launches later this year, and now Chase is sweetening the deal.
If you sign up for the waitlist by November 8, 2021, and are later approved for the card, you’ll earn 10,000 points and 10 Air Canada eUpgrade credits. That’s in addition to whatever the welcome bonus ends up being on the new Aeroplan credit card — which Chase promises to reveal in early December.
Chase Aeroplan credit card waiting list — earn bonus points and eUpgrades
To qualify for the bonus points and credits, prospective cardholders must join the waitlist for the Air Canada Aeroplan credit card here, then apply and be approved for the card by February 15, 2022.
The addition of 10 eUpgrade credits as an incentive to join the waitlist is most useful if you already have Air Canada elite status (but non-status members can use eUpgrade credits too). eUpgrade credits are Air Canada’s upgrade currency, and you can redeem them for upgrades to a higher cabin of service on both paid and award tickets.
Elite status members have the widest range of upgrade possibilities, but non-elites can redeem these credits for upgrades from Latitude fares (typically the most expensive, fully-refundable tickets) to premium cabins.
If you’ve already joined the waitlist, you’ll qualify for the 10 eUpgrade credits and 10,000 points on approval as well — there’s no need to rejoin the waitlist to participate in this new bonus.
Keep in mind you don’t have to wait for this credit card if you want to earn Aeroplan points. Air Canada is a Chase partner, so if you have cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve®, or Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, you can transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to Aeroplan at a 1:1 ratio.
You can also transfer Amex Membership Rewards and Capital One miles to Aeroplan at a 1:1 ratio from cards like the American Express® Gold Card and Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card if you need more points to top-off your account.
- High sign-up bonus starts you off with lots of points
- Strong travel coverage
- Doesn’t offer a Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Jasmin Baron is an associate editor at Insider, responsible for credit card coverage on Personal Finance Insider. She is also a Certified Educator in Personal Finance (CEPF).Before joining the Insider team, she was a senior editor at The Points Guy and Million Mile Secrets, covering credit cards, points and miles, and loyalty programs. Her expertise in maximizing travel rewards grew from over two decades of experience in the aviation industry, including 18 years working as a pilot and flight instructor in her native Canada.You can reach Jasmin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about how Personal Finance Insider chooses, rates, and covers financial products and services »
Featured Reward 125,000 bonus points and 1 free night award (value up to 50,000 points) after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
Featured Reward $200 after spending $500 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
For rates and fees of the American Express® Gold Card, please click here.
Disclosure: This post may highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. What you decide to do with your money is up to you. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. Read our editorial standards.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Please note: While the offers mentioned above are accurate at the time of publication, they’re subject to change at any time and may have changed, or may no longer be available.