- You can buy Skype credit in increments of $5, $10, or $25 at a time.
- Skype Credit lets you pay for any of the features of Skype that are not free, such as when using the platform to contact a landline or cellphone not using Skype, or to make international calls.
- If you will be using Skype heavily, a subscription might make more sense, which start as low as $2.99 per month for domestic plans, with many generous international plans well under $10 monthly.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Depending on how you use Skype, you may be able to chat away all day and never spend a penny.
Here’s how, first using Skype on your computer.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to buy Skype credit using your computer
2. Click on the words “Add Skype Credit.”
3. Click the “Continue” button within the “Skype Credit” box that suits your preference (dollar amount, e.g.)
4. Choose your payment method (or add a new one) and click “Pay now.”
How to buy Skype credit using your mobile device
2. Tap “Skype to Phone.”
3. Tap the amount of credit you wish to add, then tap the “Add $ credit” button and confirm the payment.