Applying for a job at the world’s largest home improvement retailer now takes about 15 minutes using any device, thanks to a shorter application and mobile-optimized Careers site at careers.homedepot.com.
“We want everyone to have an easy and convenient experience with The Home Depot, whether they’re shopping with us or applying for a position,” said Tim Crow, EVP — Human Resources.
“Behind the Apron” Series
The company also is highlighting the personal stories of current Home Depot associates to give job seekers a glimpse of the fun and interesting people that make up the company’s rich culture. Behind the Apron is a series of video and photo essays available on The Home Depot’s digital content site, Built from Scratch, as well as the Careers site and #HomeDepotHiring hashtag. Here, job seekers also can view the number of job openings in major local markets, interview tips and more.
Opportunities are available at The Home Depot’s nearly 2,000 U.S. stores, as well as 75 distribution facilities. They include customer service and sales, lot associates, freight and receiving, store support and cashier positions. The company’s Merchandising Execution Team – responsible for setting merchandising displays and ensuring products are customer-ready – also is hiring this spring.
The time Home Depot associates accrue during their seasonal assignments generally applies to eligibility for benefits if they transition to a permanent position with the company. Part-time and full-time permanent hourly associates at The Home Depot qualify for profit sharing, tuition assistance, 401k and a discounted stock purchase plan. Plus, all Home Depot associates have access to exclusive deals on cell phones, electronics, gym memberships and more through the company’s associate discount site.
- The Home Depot’s “Success Sharing” profit sharing program has paid out more than $1 billion in bonus checks over the past five years.
- The Home Depot has granted associates more than $127 million in tuition reimbursement over the past 11 years.
- Associates who use The Home Depot’s discount site save an average of $300/year on their cell phone bills and $421 on auto insurance when they switched from their prior carrier.
- About 80 percent of Home Depot store managers started as hourly associates.
- More than half of Home Depot’s seasonal hires transitioned to permanent positions last year.
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,278 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. In fiscal 2016, The Home Depot had sales of $94.6 billion and earnings of $8.0 billion. The Company employs more than 400,000 associates. The Home Depot’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor’s 500 index.
4 Tips to Help You Nail Your Home Depot Interview
So you’ve landed an interview at your local Home Depot. Now what? Check out four tips for success as you prepare to make a positive impression.
- Take some time to research The Home Depot. Making a good first impression is all about being prepared. Before your interview, visit our stores to learn about our different departments and products. Think about potential interview questions relevant to the position you’re applying for, and practice how you plan to answer those questions.
- Relax and be yourself. Be confident and let your personality shine. We want to get to know you and see your enthusiasm about the opportunity to work in our stores.
- Tell us what’s unique about you. Do you speak any additional languages? Do you have any specific interests or relevant experience? This is your chance tell us what sets you a part from the crowd.
- Be ready to share how you like to serve customers. At The Home Depot, excellent customer service is at the core of our values. We want someone who is willing to go above and beyond to help our customers successfully complete their home projects. Let us know about your previous customer service experience, and tell us about how you can work as a member of a team to put the customer first.