Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Friday. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Have an Amazon Alexa device? Listen to this update by searching “Business Insider” in your flash briefing settings.
Sign up for 10 Things in Politics You Need to Know Today — launching next week!
- GameStop’s stock price plummeted. Its shares plunged as much as 60% on Thursday despite rising in early trading.
- Robinhood temporarily halted trades. The trading app removed GameStop, AMC, BlackBerry, and Nokia from its trading platform before the market opened on Thursday, but then said it would enable trades again.
- Exclusive: Webull’s CEO said the SEC should step in. Anthony Denier said regulators should reestablish order in the market as an army of retail traders continues to drive volatility.
- Robinhood raised emergency funding. The company raised $1 billion from existing investors this week.
- Furious traders tanked ratings for trading apps as they halted buys. They took revenge by downrating the services on app stores, with one app receiving 100,000 one-star reviews in just an hour.
- Mark Zuckerberg says Apple is a major threat. The Facebook CEO also accused Apple of squashing competition under the guise of privacy protection.
- Facebook is preparing for a legal fight with Apple.The Information reported Facebook has been preparing for an antitrust lawsuit that will accuse Apple of setting privacy standards its own services don’t need to follow.
- Squarespace is going public.New York-based Squarespace announced Wednesday it had confidentially submitted paperwork for a stock-market listing with the SEC.
- Exclusive: SpaceX wants to build rocket-fuel power plants. SpaceX wants to drill “p to five natural gas wells” and build gas-fired power plants, according to a document obtained by Insider.
- Exclusive: SpaceX is raising a huge new funding round. Sources say this deal could value the company at a minimum of $60 billion, up from a $46 billion valuation in August.
Your morning cheat sheet to get you caught up on what you need to know in tech. Sign up to 10 Things in Tech You Need to Know Today.